Fall Brunch & Learn: September 21, 2022

-

Location: University of Notre Dame (View on map )

The Pamoja community gathered for an hour of knowledge exchange as we celebrated and learned from our 2022 Pamoja Summer Graduate Fellowship awardees. This initiative will provide a platform of continued bi-directional knowledge exchange and sharing of research. During this event, recipients of our awards gave brief presentations about their research experience, and any findings or insights they have gained from it. About 30 people were present in person, and about 15-20 joined us online. Students who shared their research also testified to the role Pamoja has played in their academic and field research journey.

"The Pamoja ND Africa Initiative played a remarkable role in providing an excellent opportunity to pursue my thesis fieldwork in Africa through the 2022 summer research fellowship. As a result, I had the privilege to research my thesis in the Sagnarigu Municipal District in Ghana. This fellowship granted me profound cultural understanding through my interactions with the study participants while examining my thesis questions with enormous empathy and attention to their dignity and lived experiences."